12. 5. 2023

Accident with a stranger – how to recover damages

The language barrier can make it more difficult to recover damages caused by foreigners.
1. Fill in the accident report and take as detailed photo documentation as possible.
2. Call the police only in cases given by law and pay attention to the third party liability insurance policy and information about the foreigner.
3. Use the Czech Insurers’ Bureau (CIB) website to find the insurance company partner of the guilty party in the Czech Republic and report the damage to them. If you cannot find the insurance company partner, write to claims@ckp.cz and the CIB will do the next steps for you free of charge.
4. Within three months of the claim, you should receive compensation in the same amount as if it were your home insurance company.
(Source: Svět motorů)